This is a multi-media workshop so you can use many supplies, but the core materials I will be working with are pencils, watercolor pencils, fine marker pens and a brush or two. If you have no art supplies you should be able to get enough materials for £20.
- Soft B pencils
- At least two B’s is good: 3B and 6B for example. Bring HB if you have also.
- Pencil sharpener
- An eraser
- Watercolour pencils
- Eg. Derwent Inktense Watercolour Pencils Tin Set of 12 -around £12 on Amazon.
- Fine marker pens
- Posca uniball pens/paint pens (Posca recommended) or Sharpies.
- If you use other brands make sure they are not water soluble.
- One or more each in black, red and white. Fine/1M or Extra Fine/3M.
- It’s useful to have a range of thicknesses for black, so if you can get more than one it’s good to have the different line thicknesses.
- A recommended larger size is 5M/1.8-2.5mm.
- Around £2 each on Amazon.
- A couple of brushes
- A soft round brush with a point for using with watercolor pencils or gouache (size 8ish).
- A short flat brush 1/2″-3/4″ for using with matt medium & gesso (cheap brush).
- Bits of papers for collage
- Textured papers, or tissue, or brightly colored papers are all good. Just a bit.
- A few colored felt pens/ markers
- Faber-Castel PITT Pens if your budget allows, or any other kind of felt pen, or not.
- Old plastic loyalty card/ stiff bit of card for scraping gesso
If you have you can also bring:
- Gouache paints
- Stamps and ink
- Graphite stick
We will provide sturdy multimedia heavyweight paper (Arches or similar), matt medium, gesso, water pots and a few other supplies.